Health Wellbeing Magazine

Monday, March 4, 2019

Golden Globes - Health Wellbeing








Drew Barrymore in Atelier Versace, probably the best dress of the night. I adore the neutral colour and the detailing, plus the shape is fantastic.



Sandra Bullock in Bottega Veneta. The colour is divine on her, and again I really like the cut of this dress. The sheer fabric on the skirt brings a really current feel to a classically cut piece, and I love the way it catches the light. I also adore how her hair has been styled here.


 


Jennifer Garner, in Atelier Versace. Gorgeous embellishment, and the vertical lines make this design feel as if it could have been taken straight from a 1920's Art Deco illustration.





Anna Kendrick, in Marchesa. Again, I adore the detailing. Marchesa dresses are the stuff of fairy tales.


Diane Kruger, in Christian Lacroix Haute Couture. Such a sensational colour on Diane, who continues a faultless run on the red carpet.




Helen Mirren, in Armani Privé. At an event where there was far too much black on the red carpet for my liking, Helen Mirren's dress was the only one to really grab my attention. The cut is so flattering on her, and the detailing saves it from being too matronly or boring.


Ginnifer Goodwin, in Vionnet. One of the only above-the-knee dresses of the evening and a beautiful cobalt blue.


Emily Blunt, in Dolce and Gabbana. Simple yet so refreshing, a breath of fresh spring colour.

The Bad: 


Marion Cotillard, in Christian Dior, Penelope Cruz in Armani Privé, Kate Hudson in Marchesa Bridal. The ladies of Nine continue to disappoint on the red carpet. I had such high hopes for them, but Marion's dress (and the horrible peek-a-boo petticoat) feels flat and I hate her hair here, Penelope looks like she should be at a funeral and Kate looks as if she's been wrapped in loo roll. Sorry ladies but all of these looks are a big disappointment!

The I'm not sure if it's Ugly yet but I really don't like it at the minute:


Zoe Saldana, in Louis Vuitton, Chloë Sevingy in Valentino. Two of my usual favourites on the red carpet so I'm really torn here. The colour of Zoe's dress is stunning on her, but I can't bring myself to love it because of the semi-shredded hem. Chloë's dress feels a little too much due to the ruffles and I think the colour really washes her out. As much as it pains me, not my favourites at this event by a long way.



So what did you think of the Golden Globes Red Carpet? Which looks were your favourites?
Share:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blog's stats

Popular Posts